When purchasing products on the e-shop www.smartlashes.eu, the customer has the right to withdraw from the purchase contract within the statutory period of 14 days from receipt of the goods without giving any reason.
How to proceed with the return?
- Print out and fill out thoroughly the complaint form. You will find all the necessary information to fill out the form on your invoice.
- Attach a copy of the invoice to the package.
- Pack the goods carefully to prevent damaging during transport.
- The goods must be returned within 14 days of receiving, in the original packaging and including all components, to the company's address:
Prague 8 186 00
- The buyer bears the costs associated with returning the goods to the seller. We do not accept cash on delivery packages.
- We will inform you by e-mail about the result of withdrawal from the contract within 14 days. A credit note will be sent to you by an e-mail.
Which goods are covered by the right of withdrawal?
Returned could be only products that:
- are within 14 days of purchase.
- are packed in the original packaging.
- are delivered with all components that were part of the original packaging.
- have not been used.
- have not the hygienic packaging damaged.
- are not damaged.
- do not show signs of use.
In case of non-compliance with any of the above requirements, the seller does not have to return the entire purchase amount of the product to the customer or may reject the request to withdraw from the contract. The amount refunded will be evaluated individually.
How is the 14 day period calculated?
The withdrawal period lasts 14 calendar days, not working days, and begins on the calendar day following the customer's receiving of the goods (e.g., if the customer receives the goods on Friday, the withdrawal period is calculated from Saturday).
To comply with the deadline, it is decisive when the withdrawal is sent. The withdrawal period is thus considered to be observed if the customer sends a notice to the seller during the withdrawal that he is withdrawing from the contract.
When and how will the customer be refunded?
The seller is obliged to return the amount to the customer within the statutory period of 14 days, by bank transfer. The amount cannot be returned to the customer before the goods are returned to the seller. The cost of returning the goods pays the customer.